NIMS ApprenticeshipUSA Incentives Request Form
Through September 2017, NIMS is awarding funding to new or expanding* apprenticeship programs that prepare for manufacturing careers. Funding is awarded to program sponsor organizations, and may be used to offset the following program-related expenses:
- Registration of apprenticeship programs with USDOL
- Costs related to design and start-up of apprenticeship programs
- Classroom education or online training programs for apprentices
- Other direct costs related to on-the-job training (excluding wages)
- Train the trainer costs or activities (Suggested: NIMS OJT Trainer Workshop)
- Training equipment for apprentice programs
- Curricula development; and/or
- Financial assistance to support apprentices’ persistence in apprenticeship (i.e., transportation, childcare, tools, and supplies.)
A maximum of $50,000 per sponsor may be awarded pending NIMS/USDOL approval. To apply for funding, please prepare the following documents to upload via the link below.
- Commitment Letter. This documents a sponsor’s promise to (a) seek or maintain the USDOL registration of the apprenticeship program and (b) use incentive funds as specified in these application documents. See sample letter of commitment.
- Application. This documents the details of the program in question and funding usage intentions, which NIMS/USDOL will use to determine program eligibility. Download application instructions.
All applications must be submitted to NIMS prior by September 1, 2017. Note that incentive funds are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis, until funding is depleted.
To submit an application: Use the upload button below to submit your (1) commitment letter, and (2) incentive application.